An architectural and historical landmark of Moscow. Monument to civil architecture of the 15th—17th centuries, the residence of the English trading Moscow Company, and during the embassy missions — the English embassy house.
The museum exposition is dedicated to the life of the English merchant house on Varvarka Street during the 16th–17th centuries and also explores the emergence of relations between England and Muscovy. During the tour of the Old English Court — the chamber of English merchants in the 16th–17th centuries — viewers will learn how the two countries traded with each other, how foreigners lived here and what they did for a living, and what prompted Tsar Aleksey Mikhailovich to sever relations with England for 11 years.
The online tour is hosted by Olga Zhuravlyova, head of the Showroom department.
The Museum of Moscow was founded in 1896. The museum is located in the Proviantskiye Sklady (Foodstuff Warehouses), a federal monument of architecture. The museum's catalogue numbers about 800,000 items, including a rich collection of archaeological artefacts. The Museum of Moscow has four branches: the Lefortovo Museum, the Old English Court, the Museum of Archaeology and the Gilyarovskiy Centre
The story of the life of the writer Ilya Ilf in Moscow
Landscapes by Claude Lorrain
An excursion from the Moscow Planetarium
An online tour through the museum galleries displaying the history and culture of ancient civilizations
The most mysterious countries of the East
The superiority of the spiritual over the corporeal depicted