Lefortovo History Museum is the only museum in Moscow dedicated to one district. The tour will depict the story of Lefortovo, starting from the time of the German Quarter, the area where foreigners settled in the mid-17th century.
Peter the Great brought to Russia not only European customs but also medicine. In 1707, a Dutch-style hospital was built on the banks of the Yauza River, along with a medical school and a pharmacy garden. The tour shows the Lefortovo district as the birthplace of the domestic medical system.
The Museum of Moscow was founded in 1896. The museum is located in the Proviantskiye Sklady (Foodstuff Warehouses), a federal monument of architecture. The museum's catalogue numbers about 800,000 items, including a rich collection of archaeological artefacts. The Museum of Moscow has four branches: the Lefortovo Museum, the Old English Court, the Museum of Archaeology and the Gilyarovskiy Centre.
A journey through worlds created by classical and contemporary art,cinema and Russian folklore
Tour 'Renaissance Man: Portrait Sculpture of the 15th Century'
The story of the life of the writer Ilya Ilf in Moscow
The 40,000 names
'Open Storage' at the Polytechnic Museum
History of the ballet dancer